Wednesday 6 April 2011

Out The Mouth of Babes!

Well I missed a week of writing my blog as I was ridiculously busy baking cupcakes for a yummy mummy event at a local spa in Brighton, it took up so much time but I loved every second and felt like my new venture was really happening Flour and Sprinkles is here for good. Little C is now convinced that all cupcakes made in our house are for her and has discovered the love of having the last little bit of butter cream frosting squirted into her mouth from the piping bag, it is her little treat for being so patient with me and all the baking I have to do and it is only ever a tiny bit so really does no harm (I hope!)

My blog this week is about the comedy lines my daughter comes out with as I really want to keep a record of some of the classics my beautiful and very articulate 2.5 year little C has come out with over the last few months, her speech is astounding and she never ceases to amaze me with her comments and one liners:

  • While standing on a chair in a service station waggling both her fingers at us with a really stern look on her face “listen I will not be eating a ham sandwich and that is final!!”
  • Man walking past us on the street at the top of her lungs “that man belongs to the church” me “why??” C “ because he is tall and he talks!”
  • While walking past a church “look mummy Jesus, he lives in a castle with a dragon”
  • Briefly waking up in the car searching for her dummy she giggles her head off just says “eew bogies” pops her dummy back in her mouth and falls straight back to sleep!
  • That is just ridiculous Mummy!
  • My daddy is at work; he works really hard and is a dude! (this was said to a random stranger at the park)
  • When asked are you beautiful C she turns round looking horrified and like you are totally dumb and says “no I am a princess”
  • When she does something wrong and you point it out she turns round and says “silly me”

My how she manages to make you feel so small sometimes yet have you in stitches the next!

Whilst booking our holiday the shop assistant started to admire the picture C was drawing and said “wow isn’t that a beautiful picture is it of Mummy and Daddy?” to which C replied with a look of pure are you stupid and a little humph “nooo it is dolphin cant you see that!” the tone of her voice was one of are you totally stupid? The shop assistant laughed and said she had never been cut to the quick so fast by a 2 year old, thankfully everyone found it quite funny.

While doing something she is not comfortable with C will chant “oh God” like when she goes down the waterslide at the swimming pool. And when she hits the water “goodness me”.

Sometimes is not so much what C says but the look on her face and the tone or intonation in her voice it is of a child much older than she is. I feel that when she hits her teens I am going to have a very hard time, if she can answer me back so well now what will she be like when hormones kick in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment